« Back to All Topics
New to this..
Posted in 
Billiards
New to this..
Posted in 
Billiards
New to this..
Hello, i've just started playing on this wicked site. I have played two games in 8 ball and won both quite easily. But my problem is this. There is an Aim and also a Fine Aim, what is the reccomended one to use?
I think personally a bit of both, but i'm sure there are plenty of veterans who can give me the low down.

Thanks ps3iscool.
Most new players dont seem to use the fine aim button, using the normal aim is quite easy with the easier shots.

It's the more difficult ones i tend to use fine aim on, little cuts into the corner etc.

If you manage to get good at fine aim you'll go far, put it this way, use normal aim and you may have the chance of hitting into the jaw, with fine aim you can perfect shots and make them go straight in.
:)
I use fine aim every shot, just to make sure :p
Ok, cheers for the advice. Fancy a game? I'm on all day i hope, it's addictive!
fine aim is ok but a lil  bit hard to get used to. fine aim is  best used in  snooker i  find, but i  rarely  use it. 
hm i never use fine aim but i still pot every shot:)
>I use fine aim every shot
Me too.
I agree i tend to use it more in snooker, but i use it a lot for the rail shots in pool, just to make sure the ball goes in ;)
In 8, 9 and snooker light all shots can be lined up without using fine aim, providing that you do not use side spin on the cue ball. In snooker pro this is not the case, so you HAVE to use fine aim for some shots.

When you use side spin it changes the direction of the object ball from the natural angle. On a practice table use the path feature to see what happens... line a shot up (with an angle) and then add side. When you do this in any billiards game it becomes necessary to use fine aim on some shots.
Thanks for that Beppe, but i think i've got my playing technique adjusted. Just use Aim initially, then fine aim to tweak up.
If you are not using side spin on a shot in 8, 9 or light, then 
don't
 use fine aim for that shot. Doing so will only increase the chances of you missing.
I play all my rail shots with fine aim, i guess it's just a thing i do, i often find myself lining up a shot normal perfectly then fiddle with it in fine aim, and end up aiming in the same position, habit i guess.

I played ps3 earlier and for a beginner he's very good ;)
I also use fine aim for every shot I play, spin or no spin, and it works fine with me:).
Some players are good enough to see whether a shot is on target or not when using fine aim... I am not offering advice to those players, who notably are not asking these questions in the forum. You saying that BL is like Michael Schumacher telling a learner to "steer the car in the right direction and stick your foot down" :p
but it's important to recognise that for us to be able to use fine aim now, we must have learnt to use it in this way from an early stage playing FOD.

He could practice it now and soon be able to play many shots using fine aim.
I was playing earlier and i saw a league link, what are these and how do they work?
You sign up to a league, and play in various tournaments that get announced :)
i just started to play again :)
Well thanks for that guys, i can easily beat anyone up to 500 rating now.
I must sub, i'm gonna go for crown!

p.s about side spin, i only use it to get out of snookers, and some tricky postional shots.
I use it for the really fine cuts too. Helps cut them more :)
I dont use side alot, only when necassary and with alot of cuts as Chris said ;)
Recently I've found that I have been using side much more than I need to. I probably use side at least 50% of the time, which I imagine is a high percentage compared to most other top players:|.
Theres no point, unless it looks a bit dodgy then add a tiny bit of side just on the safe side. Of course its needed when its the only way to pot the ball. I went through a phase of aiming in the right direction of the ball, then using side spin to make it go in, it was pretty successful, but you lose position for the next ball.
HARA U NEVER AIM,JUST HIT N HOPE LMFAO
I suppose thats why I have held the crown longer than anyone else:)?
Languages
English
English
azərbaycan
Azerbaijani
bosanski
Bosnian
čeština
Czech
Cymraeg
Welsh
dansk