Cowards who leave a game when about to lose
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
Dear all,
I just started playing this today, I love the game but twice now, I was about to win and the opponent quit the game. The 2nd offender was "coolhandcol". Can this user please be removed from the system, it seems terribly unfair as my stats for the win were not enhanced and he gets away with no stains on his. This is so unfair, Anna x
If someone quits during an end, he will loose the end, and the opponent (in this case you) will be the winner.
The ratings will be adjusted accordingly. So I am afraid I do not exactly see your problem here.

OP
You're wrong  OPERATOR this is a big problem :as the situation when the opponent leaves end strives for the best stone in the middle but rather to strike his opponent and win lot of points, so the runs before exiting! system gives -1 if not just as it would if it was not escaped Suppose 4-5 .....
First of all I am not wrong, What I said is the quitter is always the one who looses the match, the other player wins, as opposed to what was being said by  Anna_K.

The extent of victory is another problem.
It is not always +1 as you suggest here, but the system takes into consideration a couple of other circumstances as well. 

However, there is no perfect solution. If the system gave (and took away from the "quitter") too much too easily,  you would complain if you dc unintentionally and loose a lot of points not from your own fault.

Just think about it: If you have 7 stones in the house, the opponent say 2, in better position, guarded by other stones. And you have the hammer. Opponent quits/disconnects. Theoretically it could have been a +8 for you, but I do not think this would be fair to give +8 either.

Unfortunately we cannot have an umpire for each match, so there has to be some well defined scoring system, which is applicable for ALL of the matches. Naturally there will be instances when one of the player will find it unfair.

If you have a better idea, than the current one, make a proposal. 

OP
Thanks for your response, I would only add to the sometimes even the best run away seeing the danger of a large defeat is quite serious problem, because when we play a good ranking with a victory, for example, gave 4 points to much, and so to escape an opponent can only play the next match .. ... I do not mean to bans or warnings just wanted to say that after takims something difficult to play with a positive attitude and this is a vase in this game.
VANAHANASS did it to me 4 times now so i am kepping track of whos doing it an trying not to play them
you would have a shorter list keep acount of the non runners as 90% are runners
The ratings system should definitely be looked at for when people leave/ quit before the end of the games.

If I am 6-2 down with 5 ends to play and the other person quits why should I lose 15 points on 16 points on my rating?

I could still have won if the other person hadn't left so why should I get punished?
That's funny Abbyncash, because you are on my "no-play" list because you ran after I took a 3-0 first end lead
You ran from me also abbyrunforratings
I am down 4-2 with a take out to score 4.  My opponent "Timminsguy" quits and I only get 1 point for that end.  Final score is a 4-3 loss. My rating goes down and his goes up.  Our ratings before were 223-213.  How can this be considered correct, nevermind fair!  I just wanna play a full game, these "quitters" should be removed.  It would be very easy to track them as their patterns are so obvious.  Yes, sometimes people cannot finisha game, but when they quit after 1 end over and over and over, kick their cowardly butts off this site, simple!!
You have played no less than 7 ends against "timminsguy"...
So why do you want to kick him out exactly?

If you don't like somebodey, ignore him, and don't play him anymore. Simple as that.

OP
Did I say I wanted "Timminsguy" kicked out?  No.  Maybe comprehend the post before you comment.  Its "these" one enders who should be removed.
 As for my opponent "timminsguy", my point is the timing of his departure.  About to give up 4, after shooting your last rock, if he was legit he would have waited for the end to be completed! OK, maybe he had to leave.  All that I was trying to say, if you would have took the time to read it thoroughly, was the rating system. I disagree with myself losing ratings because of his leaving, thats all!   
You have a great game here, don't get me wrong, but you are punishing the wrong players for quitters.
P.S.
  You have quite the "tude" dude, take a pill. Simple as that.
"losing ratings because of his leaving"

I am sorry but you are wrong.
Nobody is loosing any points just because the opponent quits. In fact you got +4 in ratings in the final end against "timminsguy". So please excuse me but I still cannot understand your point.

OP

A lot of this crap needs to stop, I hate cowards who when I am about to get the lead, quit because they don't want a loss on their record. When I am playing, I will tell people i have to go and finish the round (while most of the time i am about to lose). Then after the round is over i x out and leave. 
stop complaining thats how the game is programed to work . thats how the gods at flyordie want it and that how its going to stay play the game as every end is the last end
"quit because they don't want a loss on their record"

if someone quits during an end, that is a loss on his/her record....

OP
just had the very same thing playing a guy called chopra

He was 3-0 up and actually quite a good player. I was in posession of the last stone of the 3rd end and about to take a 5, he quit before the stone landed in the target

I end up only winning the match 8-3, he loses all but 2points on his status......this game just aint fair
You won 8-3 and got +14 points in your rating.

What is unfair here if I may ask again.

OP
The biggest problem is runners, who gets hammer in 1st end, then run if u dont steal.

Realy annoying and does not look god on my rating.
Languages
English
English
Cymraeg
Welsh
Deutsch
German
English
English
Indonesia
Indonesian
Malti