« Back to All Topics
end to end format
Posted in 
Curling
end to end format
Posted in 
Curling
end to end format
they should make you play whole game your rating shouldn't be affected by each end but rather a whole 10 end game. A lot of people play one end especially when they have hammer. Then get one maybe 2 points and quit on you. Taking a win with them and you don't get a chance to come back. It's like playing 1 or 2 innings in baseball then quitting when you have lead and getting credit for win. Or playing one quarter in football and quitting.A game is a game. On stats it says matches but it's not a match it's an end.  
There are problems with the scoring system but what you suggest would mean playing for an hour and 10 minutes, for every game. That isn't what most people want. 4 ends seems to be the minimum for a "fair" game. You can get into an ebb and flow for a short time and set up strategies etc. 

Also, more to the point of the scoring system. If I steal 1 in the first three ends, then my opponent scores 2 in the 4th. Me only being awarded with a 1 point win, isn't accurate. If the scoring system takes into account "ratings" then it should definitely take into account "stolen" points. It is much harder to steal a point, than to be held to a point with the hammer. To do it end after end, is much, much harder and should be viewed as such.

So, there are issues with the points and rating system but really, it's not like the game is falling apart.
if you have a problem with short games then set your ends at 4 or 6 or higher.  its nobody fault but your own if you choose to play 1 enders and somebody runs
I agree.

If the ratings would work differently though. People in general would play more realistically. And games could end sooner because you could quit with only the repercussion of just losing a game, not 5-billion points. 

Not that I don't quit early if I'm down in a multi-ender. I could careless about my ratings. They generally go up when I do well and down when I do bad except when I do bad it's a little disproportionate because I might take the penalty, though some quit on me too, so it might even out.
Leeds United go to Old Trafford and hand the Red Devils another 7-1 thrashing.  Man-U gets 1 point in the Table and The Whites get 7.

The Panthers go to the Igloo and give the Pens a 6-1 beat-down.  Florida gets 6 points in the standings, Pittsburg, 1.

Cameroon beats Spain 5-2 in Word Cup Group "W".  5 and 2 points are awarded respectively.

Is this BIZARRO WORLD or 
playcurling.com
?
Good analogy! lol.

Sure if the game is only 1 end long, then it should award it like that's a game. But otherwise it should still all count as one game. 

Think Baseball to the same respect. 9 innings. You don't win anything for winning an inning. The winner is the one with the most points after all innings are played weather it be 5, 7 or 9 or 10.
thank you rake that is what i was trying to say all along. although some took it all wrong i never said game was falling apart. I just think its supposed to be 10 end game if not then i dont know. but too many want to play one and leave we all know who they are. also when i made comment i was new on here i have learned more the ways of persons on this site.
Looks like that's been fixed!