« Back to All Topics
Connection Issues x 10,000
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
Back again. Guess why? I need a moderator to tell me what the approximate point differential would be when a 208 rated player loses a game 3-0, against a 260 rated player, versus the 208 rated player winning the 2-end game 2-1, versus that same 260 rated player. As I lose game, after game, due to being disconnected, I'm starting to lose track of all my LOST POINTS, due to this site's connectivity issues. For the past several weeks I've virtually stopped playing here because it is no longer enjoyable to be disconnected 5,6, 7 & even 8 times, PER END, every time I try to play. I've done EVERYTHING suggested, but an now convinced that it is not my operating system, server (I've tried different ones) etc., but rather, the FlyOrDie site itself. I'm now over 700 points lost, due to connection issues, in the past 3 months, so now I seldom play. FlyOrDie has taken the joy of playing away from me. I've not renewed my subscription -it just seems senseless & I only ask why a moderator, or someone from their support staff could not at least offer some 'one-on-one' support for players, such as myself, who have dealt with these issues for so long. You have my email address - you need that to gain my subscription - so it can't be impossible to do. Also, why is it, that when I attempt to play a 2-end or 4-end game & lose my connection 18, 20 or 25 times, during those 2 or 4 ends, but get it back each time, that on my final shot of the final end, with the game usually on the line, I lose the connection, as that last rock is halfway down the ice...but this one single time, I can't get it back ? Coincidence ? It's happened 8 TIMES IN THE PAST 36 HOURS !!!! I'm playing now, not to win games or gain points, but merely to try to track the approximate points lost, game after game, due to this site's constant disconnections. I'm very saddened that my love for this great sport has been tarnished so badly due to this site's connection issues.
Back in February I asked you if you are still piggybacking off the residences connection, this is what you replied.

"Yes I am. However, that aspect will not change. There is another person, who also uses the same 'piggyback' method of having an internet provider, at this residence. I have tried that computer, on this site, & have found virtually as much trouble with it, as my own, although when I'd be disconnected, more often I was able to regain the connection than with my own computer"

Until you take your computer to a freinds house or somewhere that has a direct internet connection and rule out  the posibility that your problem is only due to your set up at home I do not think you can blame fly or die. This seems logical to me.

PLease for your sanity and ours test your connection in another home (wired not wireless )and let us know what happens.
If you do not do this then i do not think you can continue to post on this.
Just don't answer him. It's obvious he needs the ATTENTION and he's just looking for it.

Don't play against him either. If his connection problems are part of the reality we live in, then your game is going to take forever to finish.
Languages
English
English
Cymraeg
Welsh
Deutsch
German
English
English
Indonesia
Indonesian
Malti