« Back to All Topics
People here during the winter olympics 
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
Interesting to note how right now, as I write this, there are 177 people in the 4 curling rooms. The last time I remember something similar was when the Winter Olympics took place in Sochi, Russia 2014. Now the curling tournament is starting at the Winter Olympics in Korea. Thats interesting. 
In the period between the 2 Olympics, the number has been stable enough to fill 3/4 of room 1. I would say it's the power of television that gives a boost to this site.
Any comments?
Agreed, I said the exact same to someone the other night. Pity the numbers wouldn't stay here.
A couple of things we could do here:

1) FoD could do 2 or 3 tournaments for the public, give the new folks a little taste and encourage them to stick around.
2) Since I doubt (1) will happen, we could do a "play the newbie" week - accept challenges from new players and give them a little instruction - then they'll stick around and after a few months they'll kick our behinds ;)
Craig makes sense but the powers that be don’t unfortunately. Post has to be approved  before it’s allowed so obviously a Mod does see it.  The problem with your 2 bit Craig is defining a newbie, a real genuine newbie or the guy sitting with the crown multi nicking. I can’t talk about that as I have plenty but i’m up front with them.
Today 27 february, 330 players in 4 rooms!!!. I think its olympics effect, if the game would apply 4 or 5 rock free guard zone, many players would stay here and dont desappear after 2-3 weeks, like happened in 2014.
Languages
English
angielski
azərbaycan
azerbejdżański
bosanski
bośniacki
čeština
czeski
Cymraeg
walijski
dansk