I recently played some games. It seemed like dice was favouring my opponent all 3 games in a row, but I think the reality is I just played worse. And I was the weaker player, and I don't play much. So based on this little experiment -
1. Of course dice would favour one of the two players, it's highly unlikely to keep the symmetry during the whole game. Whoever's more lucky gets the more suitable dots.
2. No, dice doesn't favour a weaker side (me) - otherwise I would win at least 1 of 3 games :D
3. In what world would it be harder to write 'Dice1 = R6; Dice2 = R6;' than 'Dice1 = If{Rating1-Rating2/100 < 1: R6: Else{Rating1-Rating2/100 < 2: R5+1: Else...}...}...}... Or whatever that code would look like??? Sorry, not a programmer myself, but it's just a common sense.
4. One man's luck is another man's unluck; everyone has unlucky days sometimes.
No wonder these posts keep appearing, as everyone likes to win, yet the game involves dice which sometimes influences the outcome quite drastically. Yet the probability of getting X on any of two dices is 1/6, and which X-es you get is a matter of occurrence.
Best regards,
Artik