« Back to All Topics
Statistics
Posted in 
Backgammon
Statistics
Posted in 
Backgammon
Statistics
Yes... backgammon is a game of making the best of your rolls... but suppose that there is a pattern in which the machine chooses the winner of a game? Why do I say this? Because statistics say that 9 rolls with two dice gives you a greater chance of coming in on the one open slot... but after 9 rolls you begin to wonder... is the game rigged?
Hi SoSorry4U,
I'd like to reply with a posting of FlyOrDie administrator OPERATOR who PROVED, that the dice are random.
Random Dice: The Myth --> 
https://www.flyordie.com/forum/201645?s=hn

Best regards,
John
Lol. Random dice? No way. Would be so many absurdely improbable coincidences.
prove it, please. prove, that the dice are not random. 
have a nice evening
best regards,
John
Prove that they are. Like really prove. I think all the players having experienced what i described and Not WANTING to believe dice are random know whats up. But if u can prove it (like really, in a scientificly correct way not that stuff u did)please do so, i'd be glad!
Lol. That explanation was no proof of dice being random.
well, you did not understand it.
anyway
don't repeat that the dice are not random, unless you can prove it.

Have a nice week-end

and ... you cannot read this document in 1 minute ... just read it!
Lol. U cannot say they are random and not prove it
I Read it. I See where u are getting at. That Shows that the distribution of doubles in the Samples u Chose are close or equal to statistic theory. Doesnt prove dices in the game are random
Edited by Ridm
❤️
*note: the number sets in OPERATORS post are not from the game rather they are from a random number generator like random.org  
Quote from post by OPERATOR"I have made some simulation with a random number generator to see how it goes"
Unfortunately to prove OR disprove it, insight im game mechanics are necessary. My explanations Do not prove more or less than urs.
not at all
you can do the same what OPERATOR did

cheers
See comment above. No proof. Still Samples. Proof online possible by insight in program. Sorry dude.
no, i am sorry that you don't understand.
Hi john,
I have read this whole post and have noticed this discussion hasn't satisfied those asking
-i notice in the first response you put great emphasis on"PROVED"
-While it is a good explanation of how randomness may sometimes produce odd clusters, i dont believe what was posted proves randomness of the game
-would you mind explaining what you mean by "proved"?
thnk you friend , take care
Here again a posting by FlyOrDie administrator and developer OPERATOR.

https://www.flyordie.com/forum/201645?s=hn

Kind regards,
John
Hi john
-yes this is the post i was refering to from your original response
-i was hoping you could elaborate on how it proves randomness,
maybe im not getting something
thnks
-doing what OPERATOR did will prove nothing 
-unless you meant do what operator did except record the number sets from in the game;
that would be a start 
-unfortunately that wont prove randomness either i don't believe
-i believe there are many ways a game could be programmed that doesn't honor randomness
- for instance if the game creates a cache of random dice rolls as the game initiates and then distributes them in a slightly modified order depending on where the pips are; this would be more difficult to notice
I believe this to be true, unless of course the rolls are way outside the margin of error of randomness; then that could be detected by recording a data set from the game
-the way to assure randomness would be to have third party certification from an online gaming certification company ie. an auditor like escogra.org, although this may be cost prohibitive for a site like this as the revenue isn't as high as online gambling sites
Edited by stephan4
firstly OPERATOR didn't attempt to prove that the backgammon game dice rolls are random
-he only tried to show that unexpected clusters of doubles or similar rolls occur within a random dice system
-notice he specified "I have made some simulation with a random number generator to see how it goes"- this indicates these number sets are not number sets generated by the backgammon game rather  number sets generated by a random number generator like random.org; hence the post by OPERATOR does not prove randomness of the backgammon game
Edited by stephan4
Jeez man,

it's a gaming site not a DevOps discussion. 

Yes, the game is programmed in a certain way and maybe yes, there is an option added to create more doubles than ususal ... to make it more fun. (some will like it, some will not)

...and some take it more serious than others, but by the end of the day it is a game. 

Not sure where you're headed with this and I kindly ask you to end this discussion now.
Thx
❤️
Languages
English
English
Cymraeg
Welsh
Deutsch
German
English
English
Indonesia