« Back to All Topics
Need a client for my computing Checkers project
Posted in 
Off-topic
Posted in 
Off-topic
I'm doing a high school computer science project which is solving the problem of "Checkers is unpopular and thus people especially professionals are having a hard time getting known and levelling up their skills compared to the likes of Chess" and I'm making a (near) impossible AI to challenge these pros and give them strategic hints alongside other difficulties" I can't wait to get started but I need a client who helps form part of my objectives. So if any of you would like to help me, please answer these questions:

-  What reasons do you have to explain Checkers’ unpopularity compared to other games like chess and what needs to be fixed to combat this 

-  Could you give me reasons on the lack of younger audiences, why that might be and how could I retain the engagement of said individuals with my program 

-  What features and qualities do you like in online checkers’ games which you hope to be preserved in my program 

- How many levels of difficulty should there be in the overall game 

-  How do you envision a Checkers AI addressing the shortcomings of the game 

- What should my user interface look like to attract users. 

-  What level of difficulty do you believe would be ideal for a checkers AI to provide a challenging but enjoyable experience 

- What type of target audience do you think a checkers AI engine suits the most. 

- What are your expectations/goals for my near-impossible checkers AI engine  

-  What other type of functionality is required in your eyes to build beside the AI (e.g tutorials/feedback/leaderboard) and expand on why this helps Checkers 

-  Do you have any other objectives for this overall program to make it successful  

Thanks in advance to taking time out to answering these questions. Can't wait to get started - maybe you'll be the first to test it out!
🙃