Untimely disconnections.
Posted in 
General
Untimely disconnections.
Posted in 
General
Untimely disconnections.
Hello everyone

Comments and questions on the forums regarding untimely disconnections are recurrent.

The site's servers are very often blamed.

Here is a first question asked and which gives an answer that matches the answers given
on the forums by the moderator of the Forum.

*There are several possibilities and causes that cause the loss of connection on the site.

1) Network issues: Your internet connection can be affected by issues on your local network or wider disruptions. Make sure your Wi-Fi or wired connection is stable.

2) Interference: Interference from other wireless devices (such as Bluetooth gadgets) can disrupt your Wi-Fi signal. Try to minimize the sources of interference.

3) Poor quality equipment: If you are using a poor quality Wi-Fi repeater, it can cause latency and connection issues. Opt for reliable and quality devices to extend your Wi-Fi coverage.

4) Packet loss: Packet loss can occur due to hardware issues, interference, or high network loads. Use packet loss testing tools to diagnose the problem.

What are “packets” explained?

Packet loss is a connection problem where “packets” of data are lost before reaching their destination. Test for packet loss locally and over the Internet with a simple command line tool to isolate the problem. Change your network configuration or contact your ISP to troubleshoot the issue.

Packet loss can disrupt your network connection. Fortunately, testing is relatively simple on both a local connection and over the Internet. Here's what you need to know before complaining to your ISP.

Following this explanation, a second question is asked.
A question that highlights the use of what Flyordie players call "a prog".

*Can the use of a "program" as it is called in game chatroom dialogs, interfere with a stable connection or server.

The use of third-party programs in online games can potentially interfere with the stability of your connection or the proper functioning of the servers.

Here are some things to consider.

1) Interference: Some third-party programs, such as cheats or browser extensions, can cause interference with your connection. They can consume network resources, leading to increased latency and disconnections.

2) Bandwidth: Some programs use a significant amount of bandwidth, which can affect the stability of your connection. If you are running bandwidth-intensive programs (such as downloads or video streaming) at the same time, this can cause online gaming issues.

3) Firewall settings: If a third-party program changes your firewall settings, this can cause connection issues. Make sure your firewall is properly configured to allow game communications.

In general, it is best to only use programs approved by game developers and avoid third-party software that can disrupt your online gaming experience.

Hoping that this provides a tool for reflection and makes it easier for everyone
to find a better connection and less inconvenience within the site.

catsgirls ,  moderator assistant flyordie
🙃
❤️
Hello Catsgirl!!

Thanks for your info!!!

You are 100% right that you don't get kicked out of games. But there is a problem that Flyordie has known since 1999-2005. I don't use any program when I play in Flyordie and I have Norton Antivirus. When I see a nickname in the chatroom that has been registered since 2021 and hasn't played a game until now. Then I always have the same problem with the server that I get kicked out of games from 1 second and immediately back in the room.

And this is not a coincidence? I wrote you his name then and I don't want to write his name in the chat. Nevertheless, he is very nice and I wrote him a few words. That's why I suggested that the developers should give an INFO to all program players forever!!!! also all other nicknames of the player are easy to track by IP
Hello 
I would like to say that I have been playing here since 1998 with a break from 2012 to 2018 and I never use a program. Why should you use a program here? It's just for fun and points are unimportant to me. I'm happy to play a good game against good opponents, but I'm also a FAIR PLAY fanatic here and I hate fake players
Languages
English
anglais
Cymraeg
gallois
Deutsch
allemand
English
anglais
Indonesia
indonésien
Malti