« Back to All Topics
Done With Site
Posted in 
Backgammon
Done With Site
Posted in 
Backgammon
Done With Site
I have subscribed for two years.  But I am done.  First, over the past 200 games I have been black over 70% of the time.  Second, the rolls are skewed and something is not right.  My last game the opponent needed three straight doubles to win and you can guess what he rolled.

Over and over when only one roll can get someone on the board (it has happened for me as well) the server delivers the roll needed despite the statistical odds.

I have gone from just over 1000 to just over 400 in a matter of a. couple of weeks.  I will find a site that does not control the dice the way this one does.
It takes much more effort to write code to favor one player over another than to just be fair. And there is really no motivation for them to be unfair. Luck can be streaky. Also, confirmation bias can come into play. I suspect if you actually tracked your color for a period of 50 games, you'd find it pretty close to 50/50.
❤️
Hi JMH21
If you consistently feel angry and drained after backgammon, rather than enjoying yourself and having fun, it really may be time for a change. Upon reading your previous posts, I definitely noticed a general dissatisfaction. And it's clear that you are free to leave.

But FlyOrDie has to offer a variety of skill-based games as well, which either require require strategic thinking or mastery of game mechanics to succeed. These games offer a completely different experience from luck-based games where chance plays a significant role.

I'd be really pleased if you could give it a try instead of leaving straight away. But the choice is yours.

Kind regards,
John
❤️
I am not angry but more frustrated by some of ways the server controls the games.  In over 200 games I started as black 72% of the time.  I could understand statistically somewhere in the 50% range, even as high as 60%, but not over 70%.  There has to be a reason why it occurs.

The statistically improbable rolls of dice the come up, for both myself and opponents, over and over suggest that something is amiss.  There is no such thing as "random" on a computer.  It has to be programmed.  That would mean the rolls of the dice are preset and in order.  Unless the program has a program installed to generate hits.

I fully realize the owners of the site have every right to create results that achieve their goals.  I just got tired of watching things get skewed one way or the other.
Languages
English
English
Cymraeg
Welsh
Deutsch
German
English
English
Indonesia
Indonesian
Malti