« Back to All Topics
Suggestions for improving SNOOKER on fod...
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Short & sweet suggestions for improving snooker on FOD. I know a few have been mentioned already, but they really should be taken into consideration...

SNOOKER

1. I have been getting terrible kicks lately when on decent breaks, i think there should be a ` clean the white button and chalk the cue button.

2.a couple of times lately i have played a perfect shot on a red along cushion and at the end it drifted away from the pocket, so i think fod should consider that the tables should be reclothed now and then.

3. Foul and miss rule

4. Replace the white button, e.g when someone misses a shot out of a snooker, u should have the option of putting the white back where it was. This should definetley be on fod.

5. I think having the option of replay shots might be good, each player chooses whether they want to see the replay or not, which does not slow down the game, it  would be the players choice.

and finally..

6. Some shots are really difficult to work out how u want to play them i think high rated player of a certain score and players that play the game properly should get like 2minutes shot time to give them more of a chance. The low ranked players just keep there one minute shot time.

I think they are really good ideas, and any one else who can think of any more ` SENSIBLE` suggestions, please reply.

no thank you i will post here, that post is crap. Yeah sorry 3 & 4 same thing. 
1. and 2. are just not needed.
3. and 4. have been discussed 100 times.
5. is not improving the game at all. In real snooker such a rule doesnt excist, so why should we need that rule?
6. That means low ranked players dont deserve 2 minutes shot time? 

Just my opinion...
1 & 2 are needed, i have experienced them problems myself as have manny others. Number 6 is very important, coz u have time wasters or people that cant play the game very well, e.g they smash the reds from break and just smash any ball after that. But i`ve seen many games involving high rated players that have not had enough time to think about the shot they want to play, so i think it should be extended for the serious players.
And who is going to decide which players are serious and which arent? Some low ranked players can play seriously as well....

Anyway, im sure FoD is not going to change the time limit so lets stop talking about it...
If you can't make a shot in a whole minute your clearly not good enough to make it. 

For your other point if the ball went away from the cushion its because thats where you hit it, not because of some fault in the game. It clearly wasn't a perfect shot was it?
discrimination against low ranked players?????

1 minute is perfectly legitimate
does the other player want to sit there for 2 minutes while you make a shot 

i can't be bothered doing the maths but just potting balls without colours would end up as a 1 hour + frame
Ok thats your opionion fair enough. Oh and hara stfu u geek no one cares what u have to say u idiot, your always posting sarcastic replys to posts trying to act big when u are just a a complete nerd. Oh its not a fault in the game, and u were there when it happened was you? One minute is long enough? Is that why u cant play snooker coz u dont have the brain to figure out the shots in time? Stick to 8 ball mate, your half decent at that. :(
Yea nice responce. Half decent? Try me at any game, you won't even come close. Has anyone even heard of you?
And as for not having a brain...Didn't your last post just prove you don't? 'nerd' haha
All these points raised here and changes that YOU want implemented have been discussed many times. Although they are valid arguments in general, personally I think you are a nerd and have waaaaay 2 much time on yer hands. These kinds of debates don't even go on that much in the real game (apart from maybe that "MISS" rule being implemented) so take my advise and stop ranting and raving. This software is by no means perfect but is an excellent simulation none the less. The only real point that should be looked into, is of course when U play a pathetic person who purposely runs down the clock, either in bitterness due to a heavy defeat or just simply being an annoying freak who is probably lactose intolerant. Once some time wasting prevention measure is taken, (which has also been discussed b4 in length!) this game will be and probably remain the best simulation out there for snooker lovers to enjoy. Although I hate many aspects of FoD snooker like cheats, multi-nickers and sometimes poor moderation, if u know as much as me about the real game and play as much as me, it's hard to fault the actual programming...

--TheKillers-- :)
"nerd" or "knerd"...I spell 1st version when I'm sober and 2nd version when I'm drunk and possibly have a case of da piles...

:p
Play me he says hahaha skooled u 2-0 last week :( lmfao go home little boy, dont post on forums coz all u try and do is act the big man to get noticed. If u didnt agree with my post, tough u could have left a response that wasnt so sarcastic. Thats why no one likes u scott. lmao
>6. Some shots are really difficult to work out how u want to play them i think high rated player of a certain score and players that play the game properly should get like 2minutes shot time to give them more of a chance. The low ranked players just keep there one minute shot time.

What are you doing, printing out the screen and working out the angles with a protractor and straight line? It should be the other way around, good players should have LESS time.
Don't the pros only get like 30 seconds??

Snipe
>Play me he says hahaha skooled u 2-0 last week  lmfao go home little boy, dont post on forums coz all u try and do is act the big man to get noticed. If u didnt agree with my post, tough u could have left a response that wasnt so sarcastic. Thats why no one likes u scott. lmao

You did? Thats odd, I havn't been on in 3 weeks. Do you really think I care if I get noticed by some people I'm never going to meet, and who are going to have no effect at all on my life? My responce wasn't sarcastic, you couldn't see it as that in any way unless you didn't know what the word means, which by the way you are posting seems likely. My responce was actually the truth, if the ball didn't go in, it was obviously because you had the wrong angle, so sorry you have to blame your low quality of playing on FoD. As for no one likes me? That doesn't even deserve a responce.

I have no more wish to argue with someone who lacks the intelligence to create a proper sentence, let alone formulate a valid answer.
Oh and please continue to make a fool of yourself with insults like 'nerd' when you are the one who writes 'lmfao' and 'lol' in capital letters everywhere.
Well... very well said mr kiri, u proved your intelligence by getting into an arguement over it. :)
Oh and mr kiri before u start questioning my intelligence, learn how to spell the word Response* u nerd! I can forgive u once, twice ok just about acceptable, but 3 times! SHOCKING! :(   Look forward to your reply. :p
>>1. I have been getting terrible kicks lately when on decent breaks, i think there should be a ` clean the white button and chalk the cue button.

You dont get kicks on flyordie lol, pretty bad excuse for bad shot...
>pretty bad excuse 

Ever heard of the word "humour"?
YEAH I KNOW = The Angry Ant = demerit

Mods will soon block you from forum kid B-)
Haha if its Angry Ant...point proven. 
lmao wrong cadilla :)

Oh lmao cardilla is Embrace and Embrace = demerit.

Mods will soon block u from the forum kid :p
Only angry ant would guess that sort of answer, ultras = angry ant = banned from forum :D
>>>Ever heard of the word "humour"?

No beppe never, my name is based on humour you arrogant little man.

How am i supposed to know he is being humourous when hes made a topic like this, please do tell me.
Yeah I Know wasn't trying to be funny, hes just an idiot.
Idiots can try to be funny too.
Yes, thats why I laugh at him.
lmao, some posts here made me chuckle... obviously killers and suit (i think) when he said "dont pros have 30 secs a shot" beppe replies "no"... hehe

personally i think....wait for it.......this is worth waiting for........trust me this is a good answer.......

anticipation mounts.....

they need to change the colour of the tables....

hahahahhaha
Languages
English
angielski
azərbaycan
azerbejdżański
bosanski
bośniacki
čeština
czeski
Cymraeg
walijski