« Back to All Topics
best of 2006?
Posted in 
Billiards
best of 2006?
Posted in 
Billiards
best of 2006?
Hi, 2006 was an interesting year for fod, and id just like to know who u all think were the best players throughout the year. For example, pick 5 from each billiards game, here is mine

8ball:
Young joc (been consistant all year)
Ic3 M4n (dont like the guy but hes a great player)
Zeus41 (his tactics may not be popular but hes a class player)
PhuzKaz (could get 900+ whenever he wanted)
Skilled Cue/Rising Star (also consistant when he wants to be)

9ball:
Real Man (doesn't need an intro)
Chelseafcrules (has held crown multiple times and is always up therE)
Blazed Kue (class player, can suddenly become unstoppable at anytime)
Veton/Star Pub etc (can own 9ball whenever he feels like it)
Bloodsimple (held multiple crowns, class player also)

Snooker:
Notivago (easily the best snooker player around, just check his stats)
BLaCk KiLLeR (always 500 or above, good player)
Ronnie Kiev UA (class player, nuff said)
Scotty (had 750 rating earlier in year, can be class on his day)
martinduffy (always plays fair, (Y))

I dont play snooker lite so ive got no opinion of that lol...

:)
>8ball:
Young joc (been consistant all year)
Ic3 M4n (dont like the guy but hes a great player)
Zeus41 (his tactics may not be popular but hes a class player)
PhuzKaz (could get 900+ whenever he wanted)
Skilled Cue/Rising Star (also consistant when he wants to be)

Quite a good list. Fair enough, Joc has done well most the year, well played to him. Zeus has always been class, and although snookerings his style of play, but I've rarely seen him miss and I think he could be a little more confident and go for more shots. Puskas could never get 900+ whenever he wanted, hes very inconsistant (no offence to him, we are good mates) but when hes on form he is class. Ice Man is the same as Puskas, class when on form, but sometimes gets bad luck. Skilled Cue is always class, one of the best players recently in my opinion, I've always struggled to beat him, and would be crown most the time if he put his mind to it.

Past 6-8 months for me have been crap, and Corleones probably the only name I played well on then, but from start of 2006 to easter I played the best I ever have and barely lost crown the whole time, ha I love to brag but I've still had crown more times, and for longer than any of youuu:p.
Bloodsimples also class at 8ball don't forget, I would put him in my top 5. So is Ray whose one of the best players I've ever played. I'm not gonna make a top 5 though cos I've not been on in 6 weeks, and don't know who is the best now.
I am the best of 2006 for 8ball!

When ever i play again, i get crown easy, destroying every one!

But hay :p

ty Matt :D
Hmmm... dunno if I could name 5 from each game but I'll give it a go I suppose...

8-Ball: Ben
        Damien (Young Joc)
        Zeus
        Scott - For two-thirds of the year at least :p
        Lapoueze - Because he's usually 700+

9-Ball: Kris (Blazed Kue)
        The Real Man
        Liam (Chelseafcrules)
        Adam (Boondox)
        Marcinbialy

Snooker: Ronnie O.KIEV.UA
         Rick Asley
         Notivago / Tenebroso
         gruezi

Light: Green-Felt
       Ronnie.O.KIEV.UA
       probably the only two decent regular light players who don't cheat.
I forgot to add Scotty to the Top 5 in snooker :|.
2006 top players in no order
pro snooker:
notivago/tedebroso
Rick Asley
martinduffy
Ronnie O.KIEV.UA
-Scotty-
snooker light:
BaNaNa
Green-Felt(SSJ)
Peter Lustig
Ronnie O Kiev UA
Unknown (Veton)
8 ball:
-Corleone-Exodus,hara kiri,etc)
Young Joc 
PhuzKaz (971 this year)
Tha-Don 
Ic3 m4n 
9 ball:
The Real Man - best 9 ball player ever
Bloodsimple - my good mate and class player
Blazed Kue
Rising Star
Veton(Star Pub)
ty but towards the end of 2006 i have to disagree that my name should not be in the list, there are many talented players here.  there was a time id play for rating only now i dont give a monkeys what im rated i just like to play well.   but ty for the nomination of " one of the best of 2006 " apreciated ty
9Ball: (in order)
Veton 
The Real Man
Rich Van
Blaze of Glory
..friskie987..

8Ball: (in order)
hara kiri 
Boomer
Wicked Cue (Big Boi Tank)
Puskas
Zain-(PlayStation, Fencing Guru)

Snook pro: (in order)
ProNovice
Scotty (Top Cue)
BladeFocus (princess)
Fret
Ronnie Kiev UA

Snook light:

Veteran Novice
Imperial
princess
Orphan kid
BaNaNa

thats my opinion:)...
well... think its fair.. but bout the inconsistant, its true but u kno, young joc..can u think how many cash he spend by playing on coffe shops? and at work... he dont work, playing FOD is his work has every one know..ah and probably he has a good PC at home.. is a thing tht i dont have.. atm im playing with a celeron with windows 98 and 4 gb disk... but 4get tht..if i had he's life i could be consistant like him... i can say tht the best player on FOD ever is Matt ( yummydotcom, MICK HILL etc) hes rele the best and the one who get more points than I did.....

GL for this 2007 year and see if u can get more than 971 (h)/* tyvm
I don't play 8 and 9 ball games so i will list only the best players in my opinion in snooker pro and snooker light.
Snooker Pro:

Notivago
Scotty
Rick Asley
BLaCk KiLLeR
martinduffy (good when hes not drunk and hes doubles r amazing:))
Flying cue (v good when at form)
Blur (M. J. Williams)

Snooker Light

Peter Lustig (40+ cents so no comment)
Banana
Green-Felt

Also want to say that YummyDotCom is best snooker,8,9 player i have ever seen (not only on this billiard site,he understand right Yummy ? :). He can easy get crown in each game, but unfortunely he plays verry rarely :( The only player who did 147 in light and have a proof (Y) keep it up m8
To be honest the best player i've ever seen play is Friskie987. So i would have to say he is the best of 2006.
Cheers guys!!

Yes i do understand what your saying ronnie :p
but i aint the only person to get a 147 with proof, max got it first! i was 2nd! :( but other than that, i totally agree with everything you and pusk said! thanks!!

:D lol :D

ty Matt :D
ye id vote for Don for 2006 especially the past few months he really stepped it up, holds 5 (1)s at the moment which makes my current 4 (1)s look shameful :D oh ye btw 2 of his 5 (1)s are 750+.. pretty impressive for any player
well in my opinion, the best player has to be a snooker player....

the obvious ones are there, ronnie, scotty, duffy, matt etc....

still it goes down to individual preference, i still believe i hit the most high breaks on snooker on this website, ronnie probably being a close second over 06... considering he got a max in snook lite, i did the total clearance but not 75 only 71 :(
^^^ Pretty sad more like lol he must be on alot ;\

Back to the topic :D
I think 2006 for me has probably been the worst or maybe the quietest i aint played much past few months so can only get pink ball now :p when i get my old comp back im sure ill be up there again (and Duffy :|) Ill give a top 10 list in Pro for 2006, i cant do an 8ball one because i aint played there much and theres so many new nicks around nowadays ya dont know who's who :p.

In no order...

1) Ronnie o kiev
2) Fret
3) Martinduffy
4) Novice (Rick Asley)
5) The Crown (aint played much later in year but early 06 he was class!)
6) Ben (Rising Star)
7) Princess (BladeFocus)
8) Bloodsimple 
9) Jason W ( he's improved alot in past few months)
10)Tenebroso (Notivago)

Id include Matt but he aint played much and people know how good he can play when he wants ;)
I never get why people think having more than one nick as a (1) makes you good. Surely if you are good enough to have a (1) you can get as many nicks as you want a (1)? Only reason to be proud to have lots of nicks (1)s would be if you are not usually a (1) and normally only get them by a series of a few good days. 

Same the higher you go. To have 5 850s is no better than to have one 850 if you are good enough to get it. Thing is most the people with ratings this high may be good (1)s but not good enough to average at 850 (which very few are) so to get muliple nicks that high is an achievement for them. 

For someone to be bragging about having so many (1)s they must average out as around a (2) to be so pleased with themselves.

Now a real challenge is writing something in the top 20. 
Such as:

1st *normal nick*
2nd Is
3rd The
4th Best
5th Player
6th Ever!

Now do that and I'll be truely impressed:p
lol hara your kidding right? normally i ignore your posts because you always have something to say about everything like everybody needs to hear your opinion because its so valuable.. getting multiple nicks high is classer than having 1 isnt it obv? of course anybody can do it once but doing it 5 times in a single run shows both skill and consistency. so yes having 5 (1)s is class, extremely class. and we all know me and don dont average a (2) lol only way were (2) is if 1, off form and having our shots wobble everytime we turn around or 2, we are getting a new name up. 850? lol how easy don had over 930 :s? np tho Ill go back to not reading ur posts. 
im the best even tho i havnt had a game for about a year but id still whoop u all ty and good night ;)

stezz
Of course I'm not kidding and if you had half a brain you would realise that. I didn't say anything was special about 850, I said multiple nicks at 850, and seeing as your bragging about multiple nicks at 700 make your mind up. 

As for saying I have to have something to say about everything, well I wonder how that is seeing as I've not played FoD for well over a month, and havn't posted on the forum again untill recently.

For saying I don't even play here don't you think its sad to try and keep arguing with me? I didn't care the first time and I certainly don't now. The only person who says Don is good is you, and the only person Don says is good is you. Other than that most people think you're pretty much crap.

I have never heard of Don getting 930, but even if he did, we both know you give him points so whats the big deal?
i dont agree ive had 4 blacks doesnt make me good just means i have less pressure during games cos i know i got another if it goes 
Yes Scotty The Crown was a very good player.  i had my best game against him that ive had on pro. He had a break of 66 at 1 - 1 (decider)  leaving 72 on table.  all spectators said gg.  The Crown said it aint over yet and he was right i cleared up.  For me hes a very good player and always a very good sport.  Well u gonna be if your a MOD :p.  Come back to play m8 missing your talent.  

The Duff
lol about 1 day after i posted this comment The Crown has returned.  
Languages
English
English
azərbaycan
Azerbaijani
bosanski
Bosnian
čeština
Czech
Cymraeg
Welsh
dansk