« Back to All Topics
request ?
request ?
request ?
I think FlyOrDie should bring a new rating system for pool, similar to the one of FlyOrDie Tanx,in Tanx if you kill the opponent player you get 1-4 pts (depending on rating difference) i think this structure should be brought into pool this is how it would work:

For each ball a player pots, he gains 2 points (depending on both the players rating difference) and when it comes down to the black ball, you get 8 points. So if you 7 ball an opponent you will win more points then it is currently structured. 
 This would be way more fun because there will be many mini games into 1 game and every pot counts. There is obviously more to this but i am just giving a brief description of what i think would enhance the game FlyOrDie 8 ball.:)
I can't see this happening James, the way you are explaining it sounds as if after every game points are gained and never lost?
Hey, great suggestion i totally agree with you. Sounds more fun then it is now.
*Frequent TANX Player*
You are wrong, Lewis. As in every FlyOrDie game, sums of ratings stays equal (except games agains "0", since rating can't be negative). So, e.g., if you have 400 points and you play against 100 points player, each ball will give you 1 or 2 points per pot, which will lead to decreasement of opponent's rating on number of points you've collected by potting these balls; when it is his turn to hit - you will be the one who loses points if opponent pots balls, nearly 2-3 points per one ball. 
That system would lead to high-ranked players' concentrating on every ball, since they can even lose points if the ball difference is low, but ratings' different is high enough... And, unlike in tanx - you decide yourself who you play, so that system will be safe from "nickhiders" - tanx flow of players who play on low-rated nicknames to decrease opponent's points.
Finally, I would also like this idea of new rating system for Pool :p wtg, JaMbO2k9 ! :D
No lewis if you read properly and have some brains, if they all pot the same amount off balls and comes down to the black,that means the player who potted black will win about 8 points.
>I can't see this happening James, the way you are explaining it sounds as if after every game points are gained and never lost?

You could have it so that, if your opponent pot's then u lose points, or sumthin like that lol
Yes superman, i agree, i was made a mistake, if the other player pots a ball they gain 2 pts and the other player loses 2 point's.
Thanks for points that out.
>>>You could have it so that, if your opponent pot's then u lose points, or sumthin like that lol

That's a better way of putting it.

But as said before I cant see this happening, the game is fine as it is.

>>if you had some brains

Good one.
Wouldn't this just encourage people to play people who are rated lower then them?

My understanding is that currently you gain/lose 16 points for a win if the opponent is rated similar to you, and the score increases/decreases as the rating difference increases. 

This system means (if I'm understanding it properly :p) that you can win between 8 and 
 points per game depending on the player rating/balls potted.

The problem I have with this it that is there really any incentive to play someone who is the same rating as you (and come out with maybe 8-10 points - a close game and then you pot black) as opposed to playing someone rated lower, being significantly better than them and being more likely to win 12-15 points (5, 6, 7 balling them and potting black).

The point can be seen further when you look at extreme rating differences. If you are currently rated 600 and play someone rated below 50 you gain something like 1 point which stops people doing this to gain crown. 

With this system there's a good chance to gain 4-8 points (assuming the other player doesn't pot which isn't that unlikely if they are new to the game), that is a significant flaw in my opinion.

The idea isn't a bad one though, however, I would be against it as replacement to the current system. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a separate lobby or two that doesn't affect your score with the current system which uses the one suggested. I guess FOD could introduce it as some variation of Straight-Pool :)

>No lewis if you read properly and have some brains

If you're going to act like that there's really no point of you continuing in what should be an interesting debate ;) For the record, I thought the same as Lewis when reading the first post (until I read some of the other responses after), it mentioned nothing about when you 
lose
 points, his point was entirely valid.
NO!, lewis the game is not fine at the moment, it is boring that is why i have stoped playing billards, it is so boring!
Chris you seem to want to stick with the plain old boring "only get points when the game is finsished (propably 7 Mins)5mins of bordom inbewtween lol) and with this rating change, the top players will be at the top. Still how about mixing this all up and you can gain and lose points from every shot . Tanx does have cheats due to this rating system but they all get banend. And another plus to this you will probably see more high rated player vs a low rated player , makes it more exciting and good practice for the lower ranked player.
Chris, before you try and find a negitive issue on peoples suggestions may i advise you to look for positive issues first thanks.

Thanks 
TBH, this topic will go nowhere, i have been playing FoD since 2004, and the only thing new to the Pool/Snooker games was the addition of Snooker Pro, which is old aswell now lol
>>NO!, lewis the game is not fine at the moment, it is boring that is why i have stoped playing billards, it is so boring!

Fly or Die offers a variety of games available to play :)
Stop being a troll, people are going to disagree with you, get over it!

By the way the idea isn't a bad one but it's not great either. Play a game to win it and win the spoils, not just pot a couple of balls and get a share of them.

lewis i understand what ya mean but like i jus said that as in they can do that, and then also they can then think of a way in which u lose points :D
but i actually shud a said if opponent pots den u lose points i think itll make it alot more fun this way dont u ?
This topic just suggests a straight pool version or an adaptation of it may go down ok(ish.Someone said it above the straight version/ :)But i cant remember. :):)

Ruff bye

xxxx
>>>>>but i actually shud a said if opponent pots den u lose points i think itll make it alot more fun this way dont u ?

Yes it probably will.
I just want to explain a little more exactly how I see this *new* system:
1. Rating's change per potted ball depends on 
Rating  Difference Only

2. Equally-rated opponents will get (lose) 2 points per ball potted, no matter which ball it is. So, if we calculate - 8 balls * 2 points/ball = 16 points (for pure won match between equally rated players).
3. Non-equally matched would get/lose 
nearly 1-2 points if stronger player pots a ball
, and get/lose nearly 
2-3 points if weaker player pots a ball
. 8*1.5 = 12  - these are pointed gained by strongest player for winning match pure; 8*2.5 = 20 - these points are fained by weaker player for winning a pure match. If weaker player will manage to pot 5 balls, but stronger player pots all 8 - result will stay nearly the same.
*NOTE: 1.5 was randomly chosen by me, thinking of rating difference nearly as 300-500 points; but FlyOrDie system will calculate exact number depending on Rating Difference better than me :$

And I support the idea of making separated room in Pool for THAT rating system, so nothing would shock players who like Pool with current rating system and there would be no problems in repairing it, if we won't like the new one.
>Chris, before you try and find a negitive issue on peoples suggestions may i advise you to look for positive issues first thanks.

From this response I can see that you never even bothered to read my post in full, otherwise you would have seen that I wasn't unnecessarily negative about the idea and made a 
positive
 suggestion in the way in which it could be introduced.

Thanks for the 'advice' though. :)

>Chris you seem to want to stick with the plain old boring "only get points when the game is finsished (propably 7 Mins)5mins of bordom inbewtween lol)

Boredom is subjective. It's clear you don't enjoy the game at the moment, believe it or not though your view isn't representative of everyone who plays. Furthermore, I don't understand the point you are making. Even with the system you're talking about you would still 
only get points when the game is finished
, you wouldn't be able to leave the game after potting two balls and still keep the points you gain. The game won't finish any quicker just because you get points per ball potted.

>And another plus to this you will probably see more high rated player vs a low rated player , makes it more exciting and good practice for the lower ranked player.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I don't see how a player can gain anything from being beaten by someone ranked 500 points higher than them in the space of 2 minutes. Players can currently watch high rated players if they want to learn the methods that they use to pot/use spin/use strategy.

>>Play a game to win it and win the spoils, not just pot a couple of balls and get a share of them.

^ Martin's view is pretty much the one I'm going by :p although as I stated above, the system could be introduced as some sort of separate game type (Afterall, there's not really any harm in doing this). This I would support as long as it was independant from the current system.
Languages
English
English
azərbaycan
Azerbaijani
bosanski
Bosnian
čeština
Czech
Cymraeg
Welsh
dansk