Suggestion for Operator
Posted in 
Curling
Suggestion for Operator
Posted in 
Curling
Suggestion for Operator
Hey Operator,

Since we're all hung up on rating, is it possible to have a team not lose rating when they force a team with the hammer to 1 point?  In real curling, this is a good thing, not a bad thing.
The current rating system takes this into consideration to some extent:

If you are at the same level approximately as your opponent, you get 2 points for a 1-0 win.
At the same time, you get 7 points for a 2-0 win.

So it encourages you to continue after a 1-0 end, as you get more points for the 2nd end, than you would get for another 1-0 win against someone else.

But I am not exactly sure what you mean by saying that loosing 1-0 in a 1 end match is a good thing.

OP
Thats the thing, curling is not a 1 end match, not a 2 end match...........saying curling is a 1 end match is like saying baseball is only 4 innings or a soccer match is only 10min.

In curling, if you can limit your opponent to 1 point when they have the hammer...it is a good thing.  Your goal with the hammer should be at least 2 points.  This is why you have the option to try and blank the end and try the end again with the hammer.  So if you play well enough to limit your opponent to 1 with the hammer, thats a good thing.

Operator, not a shot at you but wondering if you curl in real life?
"If you are at the same level approximately as your opponent, you get 2 points for a 1-0 win.
At the same time, you get 7 points for a 2-0 win."

The above makes perfect sense because you should be rewarded for scoring 1 point when you don't have the hammer.  My point was the goal should be to score 2+ with the hammer and if you don't, then you shouldn't be rewarded with points.
I have not said that curling is a one end match.
But the 1 point win with the hammer is only an issue if you play only 1 end. 
Play more ends, then it should not matter, as the rating system will take into account the whole match...

OP
I mentioned this in an earlier thread and it was ignored, but  capercory has brought up what I was saying.

If you have ever watched curling you know that 1 point isnt a good thing with the Hammer as on defense that is your goal and then to try and get 2 WITH the Hammer.
Fraud on the Flyordie!!!

Hi Operator please check my info and there you see last 2 matches -3 and -3,we have problem here because I not play this 2 matches!!!at 6 am I still sleeping and nobody from my familly not play I ask all,so someone from flyordie know my password and lost my 20 points!Before have crown,now not have-very very not fair.Waiting for respond and have 100%I not say to nobody my password.Can you check IP who play under nick Hokej in this 2 matches?And any idea what we can do now?
Hokej: call the police! Someone made you lose 20 points and your crown - oh my god!
I played on game yesterday lost the first end 2-0 then in the second end the game froze and reloaded when I got back to the game my rating had fallen 26 points.

The next game I won the first end 6-0 the other person left and my rating went up 1.

The rating system is a joke!
You have had no 6-0 end yesterday as everyone can see in your player info page.
You should put your facts together before complaining.

I would also suggest to check the rating system section in our faq page in case of any doubts about our system, instead of coming here complaining after each of your match.

OP
I thought it to be quite obvious to change your password if you suspect that anyone else is using your nickname.

OP
The rating system actually works quite well, dynamike is just too stupid to figure it out.
604 maybe for you work good!but we best players from curling have many better sugestion for example system must know who leave end without server problem or someone leave end because server kick him out and lost points...you think if server kick someone out before ends is finish and system give for him opponent +3 thats is good raiting?
My point is it shouldn't matter if it occurs in the first end or the 5th end....if you can hold your opponent to 1 point with the hammer.....THAT IS A GOOD THING!

and i'm assuming the fact you didn't answer my question about whether or not you have curled in real life means you haven't??
"My point is it shouldn't matter if it occurs in the first end or the 5th end....if you can hold your opponent to 1 point with the hammer.....THAT IS A GOOD THING!"

Right - and if you play more than one end with a competitor, you will benefit because you will get the hammer the next end and then you can score more than 1 point.

Hokej: the problem with "server errors" is that someone can easily just close the window and leave the game. The game can't tell the difference between someone being disconnected because of a problem or purposely leaving the game. People "run" enough when they are losing - they need to be (at least somewhat) punished for that.
604 and operator....your missing my point.  It shouldn't matter how many ends you play, if you can hold the opponent to 1 point, they should get 1 point, not 2 points on their rating.  For the most part, I don't care about the ratings, I play because I love curling.  My fear is that we have a creator and operators on here that have no idea how curling works and they are the ones making the rules.

If the rating system was to be legit, it would require fod to modify games to a set # of ends...4, 6, 8, and 10. You would be rewarded based on the final score of the match ONLY.  It would hurt those who quit early (server disconnections are consistent among us all and for the most part if you wait it out a couple min, it restores) and for those who simply lose their match.  This is the easiest way to make curling fair, we all know it's not a 1 or 2 end sport and this would ensure that.  i've played in many bonspiels ranging anywhere from 4-10 end games....NEVER a 2 end game.

Setting a number of ends is not really that big a perk of being a subscriber...there are many out their willing to play a decent number of ends per match, the biggest perk to a lot is the no ads and I think that will always be what motivates those to subscribe....with that being said, it would splendid if the game creators would at least look into my suggestion up above.
capercory: you clearly don't understand how the ratings work. Stop complaining already and just play the game.
Whatever....you must be tight with the "operator" or one that abuses the rating system.

Real curlers would appreciate a simple win-loss rating system, not an end by end rating system.

604...you must be like the operator, never played the game ever but thinks they have all the answers hahahaha

i'll enjoy beating you someday if you ever offer a challenge

bakkenboy wishes to chasllenge capercory to 10 ends
Actually, I'm from Canada and have played "real curling" many times.

capercory: challenge me any time you want
Bakkenboy....anytime i'm online, i'm game, we're actually in a small league together by mj moose, check the thread, send me and email, we need to play that game anyway

604...good, so if you've played the game, you likely don't really care about rating anyway.....with that being said, I don't understand how you wouldn't enjoy a simple win-loss rating system based on a set number of ends.  Last I checked...oh and that was the Brier couple weeks back....they only looked at the final score when deciding who won.
Yeah, except that's real curling and this is a computer game. I don't have the time to play full 10 end matches most days and I assume many other people face this problem.

Look - the system isn't perfect. But this is a FREE game, so stop complaining and just enjoy it. The rating is just a number - you can feel good by forcing your opponent to 1 point no matter what happens to your ranking afterward.
I have a new idea for a OPERATOR
I play regural in curling and there we have'Draw System'who put fisrt stones and who put second.This system is bad because in reality players who have high rank 80%put stones after opponent.I think better for all players on the flyordie is System must work for example:one time I pute first stones next time I put after my opponent stones.
you want to run that by me again it sounds like you are into bad vodka
I completely agree with you Capercory, the ratings are a little screwy terms of comparing them to real-life curling, but it is a great game nonetheless 
mj moose you talked to me?I never run!
hello Operator can you explain me why on the list Top20 in curling I see  for example curlchess with 356 points on 7th place?He play last match 16th of March so probably he have now under 280 points...is there any system for refresh status?
hey Operator...

Can you add UNRATED ROOM to Curling?I would like this time start new Tournamen with all stars from Top20 and a few players with raiting +240,but you know some players scared lost too many points so the best idea is a new UNRATED ROOM.I think is a good idea too for another tournaments:)please answer:)
Op,
I think a room where no points are allocated would be beneficial. Any reasons not to?
Is it possible to have the room number displayed when you are inside the room? If you have arranged to play someone at an agreed time & room, if they don't show there is nothing to confirm you are in the correct room.
I also think the no-points room is a good idea. People who actually love curling could just play without worrying about idiots who run or act like jerks.

604, are you in cahoots with OP? My God man. 
hello Operator I come back to flyordie life because I see another transporter ready to reset:)

Please check blade a king,he have nice stats all cheating with players from him country(Hungary)for example last result 14 ends in 1 min 23-0.....no comment
he play another 4 ends 29-0 no comment please check him
hello Operator thanks for quick reset blade a king.

Next message is for vanhassan:I just want tell you I watch your info and see there second day win with erdalim1978 again 6-0 hmm you know I know this is your best friend or your second nick not sure yet,but please stop this action,you are good player and you not need transport points.

Peace and love
hokey stop it hokey stopit a need not ponts erdalim ok you look for izucha yours girl friend ai m good player you know tis a need not tranport ponts way you doeing tis 
no panic hokey a take crown not back is for yours girl friend izucha no panic 
Languages
English
English
azərbaycan
Azerbaijani
bosanski
Bosnian
čeština
Czech
Cymraeg
Welsh