« Back to All Topics
Tips and tricks for new players
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
Hey all, here are some tips and tricks I've learned from my time at FOD Curling. Hopefully it can help some new players get a handle on how things work: 

1) When you make a shot, it's skill. When your opponent makes a shot, it's luck.

2) Any time your opponent hits one of your stones, they are bowling. Make sure everyone in the lobby knows.

3) If you challenge a player to a match and they refuse, this is a personal attack and you should immediately DM them about it.

4) When your opponent says 'gg', you should only say it back if you were satisfied with how you, and only you, played. When feeling frustrated, respond simply with 'g'. This keeps it real and draws all attention to its rightful place: you. 

5) If a player beats you in a frustrating way, be sure to stalk them from room to room, harassing them in DMs. That way, they'll never play you again!

I hope a few new players find this helpful. Curling is a tough game, but if you keep these tricks in mind, you'll be climbing the leaderboard in no time! 

xoxo spoopy
❤️
🙃
Lol...great read.  Tks for this Snoopie
🙃
❤️
Sadly it is so true. I got to know curling as a game known for sportsmanship, but here you barely experience it.
Funny and true. ))) However I've never been replied by just typing a single "g".
Also:  "vns" is applied to a "very nice shot", but in some cases it's used to indicate a blunder by some smirking viewers and sometimes players say "hi" after they make a good shot and nobody reacts. 
Usually talkative player becomes almost mute when losing. After the game "wp" can be added by your opponent covertly implying that you are weaker in general.
🙃
good post, but hitting stones is normal in a curling game. Its part of the strategy. While its not entertaining and not my favorite tactic, often its necessary...cheers
so BOWLING, is necessary and acceptable in curling
only people who don't know what they are talking about call it bowling. 🙏
Languages
English
inglês
Cymraeg
galês
Deutsch
alemão
English
inglês
Indonesia