LAG PROBLEM
Posted in 
Tanx
LAG PROBLEM
Posted in 
Tanx
LAG PROBLEM
Hi all,

If you are experiencing some lag problems and you are using the Sun java plugin (there appears a sunplugin icon in the system tray), then please try to switch to MSVM:
in Internet Explorer go to Tools | Internet options  | Advanced,  scroll down to the SUN (java) section, and uncheck the "Use Java 2 v1.x.x for <applet>"   checkbox.
Restart your browser when finished.

Those of you having Windows XP might also need to download and install MSVM from 
http://www.flyordie.com/games/default/badVM.html

(please ignore the "Java Plugin from Sun" link in this case).

Thanks,

FlyOrDie
thanks for the information ;)
I'll be sure to pass this along to anyone
who mentions lag issues.

regards,
ĞĤŌSŢ ŖIDЄŖ ωG
TANX MP

[img=
http://virtualsolarsystem.com/mercury/webwizard/ghostmp.png
]
hello ghost got the note on java not sure how to do all that i know where to go i see it but the msvm; how iget it and do you know if you have to keep the java ")_->
Hi,

I switched to MSVM like you suggested, and Tanx does work better.  Perhaps it's not due to the lag, but I still have problems firing. 

When I click the fire button, it seems to wait about three-five seconds on average before a shot is actually fired.  This wouldn't be so bad, as the old game got this way from time to time... but now if I rt click and wait for a shot to fire... i cannot right click again to buffer my next shot.

I think this is what is causing me problems, and maybe that's just part of the new game.  I  don't know, but thanks for trying.

laters

jason
Hopefully flyordie will upgrade to real Java soon and abandon the legacy MS Java.
Nice sig, I like!!!
Don't know nuthen about lag problems,lol...
Can I learn how to play?
I have done all that stuff. And still get lag. Do any of you guys know anything about helping a cable connection? I lose my whole connection from the internet sometimes and lag alot. Sometimes i cant even log into tanx and disconnect a whole lot. Any help im happy for.
MAX...do you see similar troubles with cable TV at the same time as your PC outages?  is picture quality poor or "noisey"  these could be an indication of line problems or "noise" in the network on your end.. just like if it was dial up, a poor telephone line connection behaves in a similar manner.
just a thought.

GHOST
Not really. But sometimes i cant log to my network. 
Languages
English
English
azərbaycan
Azerbaijani
bosanski
Bosnian
čeština
Czech
Cymraeg
Welsh
dansk